2 Chronicles 7:13-15 13 "When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, 14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 15 Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place."
In light of today and the past, I must admit that it is easy to get discouraged about life. With all that is going on, it seems as if evil is finally winning out and that good is being defeated right and left.
I am one of small faith...
I have seen my God move mountains in my life. I have seen my God change the course of major events in my life. I have seen my God deliver me from the chains of sins and addictions abhorrent in every way. I have seen God redeem people who I never thought that it would be possible to reach... I have seen all this yet I still doubt.
Why is it that I doubt? Why is it that I have seen all these things and yet I fail to realize that no matter what happens in Washington D.C. or even in the world, that my God is in control? The only reason for this occurance and the only one to blame for this is myself. Anytime I take my eyes off of God, I will fall. Just like Peter, anytime that I am following Jesus and I loose sight of Him, the waves and storms of this world will easily destroy me. It is when I fail to see Him that I start to notice the problems of this world. But when I choose to ignore reason, when I choose to refuse to accept defeat from the enemy, refuse to look at problems in my life, refuse to look at all that is falling down around me, and choose to look at the Power of the Lamb of God, I start to see just how good my God really is and what He is to me. Here are just some of the verses that are really impactful to me right now and I want to share them with you as well as exhort you to press on and keep going when reason demands to stop (I like the Psalms as you will later see). Don't loose faith my friends and don't loose sight of God, I promise you that it will make life much better when seen in light of who God is!
Psalm 3:3
But you are a shield around me, O LORD; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head.
Psalm 5:12
For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield.
Psalm 7:10
My shield is God Most High, who saves the upright in heart.
Psalm 18:2
The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
Psalm 18:30
As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.
Psalm 18:35
You give me your shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me; you stoop down to make me great.
Psalm 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.
Psalm 33:20
We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield.
Psalm 46:9
He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth; he breaks the bow and shatters the spear, he burns the shields with fire.
Psalm 89:18
Indeed, our shield belongs to the LORD, our king to the Holy One of Israel.
Psalm 115:11
You who fear him, trust in the LORD— he is their help and shield.
Psalm 119:114
You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word.
Proverbs 2:7
He holds victory in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless,
Proverbs 30:5
"Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.
Job 12:16
To him belong strength and victory; both deceived and deceiver are his.
Psalm 18:32
It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.
Psalm 21:13
Be exalted, O LORD, in your strength; we will sing and praise your might.
Psalm 28:8
The LORD is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.
Psalm 29:11
The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace.
Psalm 33:16
No king is saved by the size of his army; no warrior escapes by his great strength.
Psalm 59:17
O my Strength, I sing praise to you; you, O God, are my fortress, my loving God.
Psalm 73:26
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalm 93:1
The LORD reigns, he is robed in majesty; the LORD is robed in majesty and is armed with strength. The world is firmly established; it cannot be moved.
My friends, we have a God of inestimable power and capacity! How are we to measure the depth of His love? How are we to fathom the extent of His power? Who are we to doubt what He is able to do? We have have an infinite God, meaning that He is endless, He cannot be measured, He cannot be limited! Even in the darkest of times, the Power of God is over all! Even when we have problems with our families, God is at work. Even when we are running through the worst part of our life, He is carrying us with grace and extending to us mercy. Even when we don't understand, God is whispering direction even when we cannot see it! Out God is in control and if we pray, anything can be changed... never underestimate the power of our God! We have an awesome God who created the heavens, who made over 200 billion stars, called them by name yet loves and gives even more attention and devotion then them. We have the God who parted the Red Sea, who gave eternal life through the power of His love by Jesus Christ. We have the God who took the keys to hell and death, who conquered our enemy forever. The same God that rose from the dead and sent His Holy Spirit to indwell us and empower us to do the works of His spirit... That is our God people! Let us bow the knee and worship the Lamb of God for all the goodness and blessings that He has bestowed upon us! Let us not take heart in mere men that WILL disappoint us! Let us more then ever stand before this world and proclaim the power of the Gospel and show men how to be saved! Let us stand even more upon the promises of God's Word, and let us remain resolute in facing this world, for we are not of this world, but of another. We have a rich heritage, a heritage formed with love, grace and mercy eternal. Let us stand up and speak out for that heritage. Let us not fear man, who is able only to destroy the body, but let us fear God who is able to not only destroy the body but also the spirit in eternal separation from Him. In these troubled times, let us rejoice because we know that we HAVE conquered and we ARE conquerors! Let us rejoice not in what we do but in what the Son of God has done! He has won, and through Him we have the victory! Stand firm and stand proud, we represent the King of Glory in these fallen days! Let us take this charge seriously, let us go before the thrown, let us get on our knees and pray for deliverance from the One who is able to do all things!
May God bless and keep you all...
No comments:
Post a Comment