Have you ever thought that God was leading you into something only to find out that, lo and behold, He wasn't? Have you ever been disappointed by something not happening the way you envisioned it because you really thought that God was leading you into it? If you have, consider the following thought... Maybe He actually was leading the whole time.
Now, that might sound crazy to you because it really did to me when God showed me that. For me, I thought that God was preparing and planning something, so I whole heartedly followed what I believed He was leading. I started moving towards His "apparent" will and seeking His council through wise councilors and mentors... and suddenly it blew up in my face. When everything fell, I will be honest that I was not inclined to praise Him or even for that matter acknowledge that what He did was good. I honestly wanted to get into a shouting match with the One whos voice is like the many mighty waters! However, somehow the grace of God prevailed and I managed to praise Him. I managed to accept that even though I don't understand, He does and that is enough. And although I did not understand why it happened at first, later I was able to see the end result of the whole situation. As it turns out, I firmly believe that I was following the will of God preparing for this. The reason I do is simple... He wanted to know if I trusted Him. He wanted to see if I was willing to follow Him even if His plans made no sense to me.
Consider the following verse:
Jeremiah 29:11
11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
My friends, look at your life and consider everything that has happened that has ever disappointed you when you thought you were following God. Consider all the times and think of what was "lost". If we really trust God and consider that verse, then we must come to the conclusion that if we were trusting Him and following Him, then what happened was part of a bigger plan that conforms us more so to power of Christ and the Cross. As 1 Samuel 12:24 says, "be sure to fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you." Even if what we think God is leading into does not end where we had hoped, realize that someone who is far greater and infinitely wiser is pulling the strings. Know that "He brings the clouds to punish men, or to water his earth and show his love... stop and consider God's wonders. Do you know how God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?" (Job 37:13-15). Sometimes we forget that our God really IS God! My friends, oh my friends, let me encourage you! Our God is awesome! We have a God that made everything that is, we have a God that gave us life, we have a God that died for us because of His love. Let me encourage everyone that is going through a hard time and facing uncertainties in life of this: God is in control. Just follow Him, that is all He wants! Yes he wants you to follow Him! He wants you to trust Him even if you cannot see the path, even if it makes no sense, even if it is the end of your hopes, even if it is leading to nothing... because through Christ all things consist. Further more, let me encourage you even more so in this that "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him" (1 Corinthians 2:9). My friends, no matter what happens, if something seems like the end, it is only the beginning of something greater! We have seen in Jeremiah that God has plans, that God only has our best interest at heart... His heart. We see in 1 Corinthians that no one, not even ourselves, can even dream of what God has in store for us! Don't loose heart! Don't see this as the end, see this as Him. Keep your eyes on God and nothing will harm you! Don't be afraid to put your all in Christ for He gave His all, His Son, His life... for you. Our God is loyal beyond what the word "loyal" imparts, look at Psalm 33: 18:
But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love.
My friends, God keeps His eyes on you. When you are afraid, He know. When you are happy, He knows. When things fail, again, He knows. Nothing catches God by surprise, because again, "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him" In fact, it is all part of His plan to conform us to Him and the Cross, to bring closer to Christ, and to transform us into the the person we were meant to be.
So in the end my friends, I will leave you with this... If you are truly born again, and if you truly trust Christ, then no matter what happens, whether it be good or bad... that that He knows "the plans He has for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
May God Bless you greatly as you rest in Him!
No comments:
Post a Comment